In September #TeamGrim will embark upon our next great adventure: homeschooling!! Since our kiddos are only 3 we are choosing to do mostly informal style of preschool: ie, reading, outdoor exploration in nature, crafts and a few workbook type activities. We’ll be mastering the knowledge and skills necessary for Kindergarten while still having the chance to be kids.
Here’s some information about our new school in case you’re interested:
Bible Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
We chose the name for several different reasons:
- The “North Seeking Arrow” is used when developing navigational maps for aviation. Since Daddy is a Chinook Pilot and our family is engulfed in the aviation world, Ryan’s suggestion seemed almost too obvious.
- The NORTH will always be HOME for us.
- We love adventure and traveling ourselves!
- It was related to two of our favorite scriptures pertaining to school and child-rearing: Proverbs 3:5-6 (Our school verse) and Psalm 127:3-5
Lions were chosen as our mascot for a few reasons as well:
- The Bible often refers to the Lord as a Lion (Lion of Judah: Revelation 5:5; baby Jesus: Luke 2:7; and Revelation 19:16)
- Lions are widely known as maintaining a family unit. They live in prides and work together to hunt and defend their family. It is one of our strongest desires to instill an unbreakable sense of family with our children.
- Lions are used to symbolize wisdom, courage, strength, pride, and military might.
We’re wicked excited to begin this journey and I pray that God will continue to lead us!